Members of the public, other regulated health professionals, employers of dental technologists and dental technologists themselves should, and in some cases, must notify the College if they have concerns about the professional conduct, competence or capacity of a member of the College.

There are several ways to let the College know if you have a concern about a dental technologist in Ontario. In order to best direct your concern, please read the options below.

Mandatory Reporting

The Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 (RHPA) specifies that an employer, facility operator or regulated health professional has a mandatory duty to report certain concerns to the College. These concerns include suspicion of sexual abuse of a patient, professional misconduct, incapacity and incompetence.

Mandatory Reporting

File a Complaint

The process the College uses to receive, investigate and make decisions about complaints is designed to be impartial, transparent and fair to both the complainant and the member who is the subject of the complaint. The steps the College takes to act on a complaint are set out in the RHPA.

The College investigates all complaints, and complainants are engaged throughout the process and receive notification of the outcome of the investigation. However, the RHPA gives the College’s Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee the authority to take no action where it believes a complaint to be frivolous, vexatious, made in bad faith, moot or otherwise an abuse of process.

The College cannot act on anonymous complaints.

File a Complaint


Dental technologists are required to file a self-report to the College if he or she has been found guilty of an offense or is the subject of a current investigation (except an investigation by the College of Dental Technologists of Ontario). Dental technologists should review the self-reporting requirements to ensure they understand and comply with these obligations.

Self Reporting

Where to Send Your Complaint

By mail:

The Registrar
College of Dental Technologists of Ontario
2100 Ellesmere Road, Suite 300
Toronto, ON  M1H 3B7


Fax: 416-438-5004

For more information on the College of Dental Technologists of Ontario: